EP Home Store offers warranty terms that extend the basic requirements. Different product types have different warranty periods and conditions. This guide is for the products used in domestic residential buildings. For commercial warranty terms contact your sales representative
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under The Malaysian Consumer Protection Act 1999 (CPA). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The periods of warranty and terms of cover (i.e. Product replacement or parts and labor only) are detailed in the preceding pages Warranty applies from the date of purchase, not from date of installation.
EP Home Store will not accept claims against this Warranty where the following conditions are found to exist:
- Plumbing installations have not been carried out by a licensed plumber, and/or are not in accordance with the guidelines.
- The goods have been installed by a licensed Plumber but not correctly installed.
- The goods have been installed correctly by a licensed Plumber, however subsequent repairs, modifications and/ or adjustments to the goods after installation have not been carried out by a licensed plumber.
- Claims against faulty cistern valves and seals will be rejected where after-market sanitizing additives have been introduced into the toilet cistern tank, rather than to the toilet bowl.
- Claims for visual defects to product surfaces may be rejected where harsh cleaning or scouring products have been used
- Items with the purpose of the display are not covered by warranty.
- Claims against vitreous china product faulty dimensions or glazing imperfections It is permitted that vitreous china products will vary up to +/- 5mm on any surface and be acceptable products due to the unique conditions of the product’s manufacturing process.
To make a claim under this warranty you must contact either the Merchant from which the goods were purchased EP Home Store directly by telephone, fax, or email as set out above, with details of the product fault. You will need to produce proof of purchase of the goods including the date of purchase and where the goods have been installed: You will also need to produce details of the licensed plumber who installed the goods. EP Home Store will then contact you within 7 days of first being advised of the claim by you or by the merchant (as the case may be) and depending on the circumstances arrange to either (a) replace the goods (b) repair the goods (c) replace and install new goods (d) request more information (e) reject the claim. Items with the purpose of the display are not covered by warranty.
Any claim of faulty or damaged products needs to be reported within 48 hours of deliveries made by EP Home Store to stores, sites, or items collected from the EP Home Store warehouse.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INSTALLATION OF ANY PRODUCT IS REGARDED AS ACCEPTANCE OF THAT PRODUCT AND THEREFORE NO CLAIMS FOR FAULTY OR DAMAGED GOODS CAN BE MADE AFTER INSTALLATION.
Claims after this period will not be considered.
Some claims may include a claim for rectification of water damage to surrounding areas as a result of leaking from a product. A further inspection by an insurance representative may also be required before a claim can be determined.
To the extent permitted under The Malaysian Consumer Protection Act 1999 (CPA)., and other relevant legislation, EP Home Store’s liability is limited in the following circumstances:
It is the responsibility of you and the installer before installation to ensure the goods are correct and free of obvious visible faults.
- EP Home Store is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or any loss or damage) where the goods have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident, or are used or adapted for a purpose for which they were not designed.
- EP Home Store is not responsible for the labor and rectification costs incurred in the above circumstance.
Except as expressly stated, and to the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for the physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) or special or consequential losses arising out of the occurrence of a defect in the parts or products or caused by use or installation of the products or damages caused by acts of nature.